How To Archive Amazon Orders: There are a variety of reasons why you might want to archive your Amazon orders. Archiving is like putting old orders in a special folder so they don’t clutter up your account.
In this blog post, we will show you how to archive your Amazon orders and explain why it’s a good idea to do so. Whether you love shopping on Amazon or just want to keep your account organized, whatever your motivation, this article answers your queries on How To Archive Amazon Orders and locate archived orders on Amazon.
Let’s get started!
What are Amazon Archived Orders?
Amazon Archived Orders are orders that have been completed and are no longer visible in your “Your Orders” list on Amazon.com. They are still accessible through your Amazon account, but they are not displayed by default.
On Amazon, archived orders are past purchases that have been hidden and are difficult for anyone to locate.
Orders that have been archived are not removed; rather, they are moved to a less accessible location.
You might want to use this function if you bought something for someone who already knows your login information and you’re worried the surprise will be ruined.
How To Archive Orders On Amazon Website
You can archive your orders by following these easy steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account here.
- Hover over Account & Lists and click Orders.
- Locate the order you want to archive by scrolling down. Click Archive Order in the lower left corner of the order.
- Amazon will ask you to verify if you want to archive this order. Tap Archive Order again.
- A message confirming that the order has been archived should appear on the top of the screen.
The order will vanish from your order list once you’ve archived it. Your Amazon purchase history can be archived for up to 500 products.
How To Archive Orders On Amazon Application?
On the mobile application, archiving an order is unfortunately not possible. It is unknown if Amazon will ever provide this feature.
Instead, you should log in to your desktop to archive this order, or the only way to archive your orders on a mobile device is to access the Amazon website using your mobile browser and convert to desktop mode.
The above might sound unclear, kindly follow the steps below:
- In your mobile browser, visit the Amazon website and sign in.
- Tap on your profile icon
- In the menu, tap on your Orders
- Change to the desktop site mode on your browser. To do this in Chrome, select the Desktop site by tapping the three-dot menu symbol.
- Scroll through and locate the order to archive.
- Then tap Archive order
- Amazon will ask you to verify if you want to archive this order. Then confirm you want to archive that particular order.
- How To Find Archived Orders On Amazon
- How to log out of Amazon
- Easy Guide To Amazon Wish List Search
- How To Edit and Delete Amazon Review
How to view your Archived Orders
The items from your Amazon purchase history will show up in the Archived Orders section of your account once you’ve archived them. You can view any previous orders from this point. Additionally, you can add previously archived orders to your primary order history.
To see your archived orders, follow these steps:
- Go to your Amazon account and log in
- Hover over Account & Lists and click On your orders
3. In your account tab, Click on Archived orders.
4. This will redirect you to a page where you see a list of all of your archived orders. If you do not have any item in your archive, you will see a screen like the one below.
To view the details of an Archived Order, simply click on the order number. This will display the order summary, including the items purchased, the total cost, and the shipping and billing information.
How To Unarchive Orders On Amazon
Since you can only archive 500 Amazon orders, you may want to unarchive orders after they’ve served their purpose to ensure this limit isn’t reached.
You can unarchive orders on Amazon by following these steps:
- Access your Orders directly using this link.
- Tap on the option that says Past 3 months. This will show the other options that you can select.
- Click on Archived Orders to access the hidden orders.
- Find the order you want to unarchive and select Unarchive Order.
- A message will pop up on your screen saying you’ve successfully unarchived the order.
You can simply unarchive an order by clicking the “Unarchive Order” button on the order summary page. This will move the order back to your “Your Orders” list and make it visible again.
How To Remove Browsing History On Amazon
Archiving orders alone doesn’t do it. If you archive an order, anyone who has access to your account can still see your browsing history.
You can ensure you leave no trace by removing your browsing history. Here’s how to do that:
- Sign into your Amazon account and hover on Account & Lists. Select Browsing History from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, access your browsing history directly through this link.
- Navigate to the item you want to remove and click on Remove from view. This will delete it permanently.
While this deletes your browsing history, there’s still no way to permanently delete your Amazon orders.
Amazon Archive enables you to hide orders from others who have access to your account. By reading this article, you’ve seen how to archive Amazon orders.
By hiding orders, you’re not deleting these orders as Amazon does not provide this option. If you want to ensure no one raises any suspicion about your Amazon activities, you can permanently delete your Amazon browsing history.