There are lots of reasons you might want to log out of your Amazon account. You probably want to switch to another account and you have a hard time working out the interface. This happens if you switch from the Amazon app to the website or vice versa.
Another reason you may want to know how to log out of Amazon might be to disconnect all devices connected to your account. This can prove very useful for a user who owns an Amazon Prime account.
Whatever reason you have, we can assure you the best guide is here.
How to log out of Amazon
There are simply two steps on how to log out of Amazon’s website, How long this procedure takes depends on the kind of device you’re using (desktop vs. mobile) and the speed of your internet connection and bandwidth.
How to log out of Amazon on Desktop?
- Navigate to the homepage of your Amazon account. Although the principle for logging out of your Amazon account on the website is the same depending on which page you are, it is easier when you are on your homepage as you have the same screen as us and this helps you follow better.
- Move your mouse to the navigation box and hover on Hello, User. On hover, you will see a dropdown menu that contains all the links to the different functionalities of your account. Since we want to log out and do nothing else, we will look for Sign out. This can be found at the extreme end towards the right.
- You have successfully signed out of your Amazon account on the website. If you followed the two steps correctly, you should be redirected to the login page. This looks similar to the snapshot below. From here, you can proceed to sign in again anytime you want.
How to log out of Amazon Mobile app?
- Open the Amazon application on Android or iPhone. You should note that the user interface for the two is pretty much the same. You should look for the hamburger menu as seen in the screenshot below.
- Click on the hamburger menu. This will cause the application to show a loading screen briefly. Upon a successful request, you should get a screen like the one below.
- Here is where things get tricky. After clicking on the hamburger menu, the next thing for you to do is to scroll down to the end of the page. You should see settings at the end of the page.
- Click on settings and this will immediately show the screenshot found below. The next thing you have to do is click on Sign out.
- If you followed the steps correctly, you should get a prompt asking you if you truly want to log out of your account. You should click Sign out if you intend to see it through or cancel if you want to go back.
How can I see devices that are logged into my Amazon account?
To check the devices that are logged into your Amazon account, you would need to use the Amazon website as the mobile application, while robust, is rather limited in functionalities.
- Proceed to the Manage your content and devices page on Amazon by clicking here. The link simplifies the process for you as it automatically directs you to the screen where you see the devices that are connected to your account.
- From here, you can disconnect your account from the devices where you are logged in. You should see a screen that looks something like the screenshot below if you have no other device connected to your account.
How to change my Amazon password?
You may have worries that someone has access to your account. This can happen if you discover there are other devices connected to your account that you do not even know of.
You can solve this breach by following the steps below to change your password into a stronger one.
- Find where there is your name on the navigation bar and hover on it. This usually looks like Hello, User with the user being your name.
- Look for Account and click on it. Typically, this should be the first option under Your Account.
- You should see a screen like the one below. From there, click Login & security.
- You will see a prompt where you have to provide your login details for verification purposes. Enter your current password and proceed.
- From here, you can then change the password to your account. This will log you out on all other connected devices as the login details have changed.
How to clear my data on the Amazon website?
Other than logging out of your account on the website, you may want to clear all the data that the website has saved on your browser.
To do this, open the browser you use with Amazon. This can be Chrome, Firebox, or Edge.
- Navigate to Settings by clicking the options on the right of the screen. This gives a drop-down menu from where you can select settings.
- When you click on settings, you should see a tab that looks like the snapshot below. From here, you can proceed to Reset and clean up.
- You will see a prompt that asks you to confirm your action. By clicking reset settings, you wipe all the data Amazon has saved on your browser.
Although this clears Amazon’s data on your device, it also wipes other websites’ data and that might not have been intended.