You should change your Amazon billing address if you have recently moved or if your old address is no longer valid. It’s simple, but if you’re not sure how to accomplish it, read on.
This article will serve as a detailed guide for you to follow.
We’ll walk you through the process of How to change billing address in amazon. So whether you’re moving soon or just need to update your information, read on for instructions.
If, on the other hand, you’re also interested in learning how to change your residential address on Amazon or how to change your shipping address in amazon we’ve written a full guide on doing so. Be sure to check it out too.
What Is A Billing Address In Amazon?
When you set up an Amazon.com account, you are asked to provide a billing address. Your billing address is the address Amazon will use to send bills for your purchase. Amazon also may use your billing address to confirm your identity in case of a problem with an order.
If you have registered for gift notifications, Amazon will also send notifications of gifts shipped to this address. The billing address is also used as the default delivery address for items you purchase from Amazon Marketplace sellers.
How to change billing address in amazon
A billing address is an address where you receive your credit card statements. You can update your billing address at any time.
You can change your billing address at any time by going to Your Account and selecting Your Addresses. From there, you can add, edit, or delete addresses.
To change your billing address on the Amazon shopping mobile app:
1. Sign in to your amazon shopping app with your smartphone
2. Tap the menu icon or hamburger in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Tap Account.
4. Scroll down and tap Your Payments under the Payment section.
5. Your Amazon account will then display a list of all the cards you’ve added to it
6. After you have chosen one of the cards, tap “Edit” and you will be able to change the “Billing Address” or add a new billing address.
7. Make your changes and click “Use Address“.
That’s all you need to do! Your billing address will now be updated for that specific order.
To change your billing address on the Amazon website:
1. Sign into Your Amazon Account with your email and password
2. Click on “Account” under “Accounts & Lists”.
3. click on the ‘Your Payments’ option.
4. Your Amazon account will then display a list of all the cards you’ve added to it.
5. After you have chosen one of the cards, click “Edit” and you will be able to change the “Billing Address“
6. Make your changes and click “Use Address“.
You can have multiple addresses saved in your account, but only one can be your primary billing address. Your primary billing address is the address that appears on your credit card statement when you purchase from Amazon.
To change your primary billing address:
1. Go to Your Account.
2. Scroll down and click Your Addresses.
3. Click the address you want to make your primary billing address.
4. Click Make Primary under Billing Address.
5. Click Save.
When you change your billing address, Amazon will send a confirmation email to the new address. You’ll need to click the link in that email to confirm the change. Once you’ve confirmed your new billing address, it will become your primary billing address and will be used for all future purchases.