Although trivial, not many things are as tasking as deciding on a gift for a close friend. If you’ve bought one for someone in the past, you know how many times you went back and forth on your decision.
Amazon wish list search lets you look through a friend’s lists, including their wedding and baby registries. Unlike taking a big guess about what they’d want, you know precisely the gift they want for occasions.
Here’s what you need to know about Amazon wish lists & registries and how to purchase items off these lists.
Amazon Wish List Search: Easy Guide
One of the changes Amazon made to its website recently is to remove a public search for wish lists. Before this change, every list is public by default until it’s toggled by the user.
However, this has changed. More precisely, this feature has been toggled. Wish lists are now private by default. Unless a friend shares his list with you or made the list public, you won’t have access to the list.
This goes for wedding and baby registries too. If you need to buy a gift for someone and you need their wish list, this article will guide you on how to do this. Keep on reading to learn more.
How Do You Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List From A Desktop?
Whether you own a Dell laptop or a Mac, you can always rely on the behaviour of browsers to be identical.
If you need to find someone’s wish list on your personal computer, you can easily do it in a few easy steps irrespective of the device. Although you can only view wish lists that have been shared with you, you can request permission to private wishlists and ask them to be shared with you.
If you need to search for a public list, you can perform a broad search of the owner’s name. Here’s how to do that:
- Open your browser and proceed to Amazon.
- Hover on Account & Lists and select Find a list or registry from the dropdown menu.
- Now enter the name of the person whose wish list you’d like to find in the Registrant’s Name box.
- Select the wish list you’d like to view from the options.
You can only view wish lists that you have access to. In the case a wish list is private and isn’t shared with you, you’d first need to request access. Here’s what to do:
- Go to Amazon and sign into your account.
- Hover over Account & Lists and select Your Lists from the dropdown menu.
- Select Your Friends. Ideally, you will see the lists you have access to here. However, you can request a friend to share their list with you by going to the Message section and clicking on Copy Message or Email this message.
Aside from regular wishlists, there are also wedding and baby registries, both of which Amazon has added to its website.
To access either of the two lists, hover on Account & Lists, however, you should select the “Wedding Registry” or the “Baby Registry” entry this time.
You can now type in your friend’s name and search. You will see a list of all the wedding/baby registries under the given search terms. Find your friends list, and surprise them with a fantastic gift they want and need!
How Do You Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List On Mobile?
You can save yourself the stress of opening up Amazon on your desktop and decide to do the Amazon wish lists search on an iPhone or Android.
Other than the mobile application having a simple interface, it’s the more famous way of using Amazon.
Whether using an iPhone or Android, the apps are identical, and you should face no problem looking up a friend’s wish list.
To access someone’s list on iOS or Android, provided that you are signed in and that you have access to the wish list, kindly follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon Shopping application on your mobile.
- Tap on the menu button at the extreme right on the navigation bar. You can check the graphic below for visuals.
- Select Your Wish List.
- Tap on Friends’ Lists.
- In the case you’re not friends with them, enter the name of the user to search for their wish lists on the application.
- Click on your friend’s name to access his wish list.
If you don’t have access to the list either because the permission was revoked or it was never shared with you, you can follow these steps to gain access:
- Navigate to your Friends List as above. Then, tap on Send Message.
- Tap on Copy Message to share the link in a text message or other platform. Or select any means of communication that suits your case.
You can also read on How To Share Amazon Wish List.
How Do You Purchase Off A Wish List?
The whole point of an Amazon wish list search is to order someone else’s desired items from their list.
The items you order off someone’s wish list will be delivered to that person. Think of it as gift shopping. In this case, you know you’re buying products the recipient actually likes and wants.
Here’s how to purchase items from someone’s wish list. Although the guide here is on a desktop, the interface isn’t different for mobile phones. When using the app, you can follow the guides despite the different devices.
- Start by selecting the gift from the recipient’s wish list. If you have no idea about how to do this, kindly check out the guide above.
- On the wish list page, select Add to Cart. You will need to confirm the action in the prompt by clicking Add to Cart once again when a popup shows up.
- From here, proceed to checkout.
- You will now need to select the address on the checkout page. Ensure that you use the Other addresses option.
- If you need to add a message to the gift, click on Gifting Options to do this. Also, you can remove the price details from the receipt.
- You can then place your order.
When ordering from someone’s wish list, ensure you follow our guide carefully to avoid any mistakes. After all, you want the gift to go to the right person, the correct address, and avoid duplicate purchases.
Also, remember that Amazon wish lists are different from wedding and baby registries. If you can’t find a friend list, it may reside under the baby registry or wedding registry sections.
By following the guide above, you can easily find an Amazon wish list to purchase gifts for a recipient. For private lists, however, this might not be the case.
Packages purchased off a wish list aren’t too different from normal orders; the only difference is that the package will be delivered to the recipient’s address.