Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to make changes to an order you had already placed on Walmart’s online store?
Or have you ever felt the need to cancel an order you have already placed after realizing you don’t need the product anymore?
Here are some tips on how to easily edit and cancel a Walmart order.
How Can I Edit My Walmart Order?
You can easily make changes to an order placed at Walmart while it is still in the processing stage.
All you need to do is;
- Log into your account on Walmart or go to the Walmart website.
- Click on the “Account” icon.
- Click on “Purchase History”
- Select ” Edit Items”
At this point, you will be given the opportunity to make changes to your Walmart order.
Here are the few changes you can make;
- Increase or reduce quantity of items.
- Add or remove items from the cart.
- Reschedule your pick up time slot.
- Choose a different store location for pickup.
- Accept or reject substitution.
If you have carefully followed these steps, then you have successfully edited your Walmart order.
What If The Editing Windows Have Passed?
You should also know that once your order has passed the processing phase and moved onto the shipping phase, there will be no opportunity to edit or make changes to the order already placed.
This is because the items have left the warehouse and are in transit to their final destination.
At this point, you can either;
- call a Walmart customer care representative with (877) 937-4098 to help you cancel your order or guide you on what to do.
This option is found by clicking the “Contact Us” icon.
This must be done within 24 hours after placing the order.
- Receive your order at the final destination and return it to the store and request for a refund.
- Don’t pick up the order, Walmart will return your order to their warehouse and reimburse you.
What Are the Reasons Why Customers Edit Their Walmart Order?
A few of the reasons customers could edit their Walmart order are listed below:
- To Add or Remove Items From the Shopping List.
Customers can change their orders at Walmart to add new items or take away items they have already put in their cart.
- To Increase the Quantity Of Items Ordered or Vice Versa
Customers may also edit their orders to either increase the number of items ordered or reduce the quantity if they feel it is too much.
- To Allow Substitutions or Otherwise
When an item a customer orders is out of stock, Walmart gives them options that are similar to the item they ordered. The customer can then choose to accept the alternative or not.
- Timeslot Rescheduling
Sometimes, things may not go as planned due to last-minute changes or unforeseen circumstances.
Customers can edit their orders by rescheduling the time of delivery.
- To Change of Store Location
Customers can edit their orders if they wish to choose a different store location than the one that was chosen during checkout.
How can I cancel my Walmart order?
Perhaps you made an order on Walmart’s online store, adding items to the cart you initially needed, and you probably realized you won’t need those items anymore.
Trying to figure out how to cancel your order and get a refund?
You have a grace period of 30 minutes to cancel a Walmart’s order after placing it
There are two ways to cancel a Walmart order:
- Calling Walmart’s customer care Representatives.
- Using Walmart’s website or Mobile app.
How To Cancel Walmart’s Order Through Customer Care Representative
Contact the customer care representative through the “Contact Us” icon.
A number will be provided to call a customer care representative.
Give reasons for why you need to cancel your order.
You will be required to provide your order number for verification.
Usually, a fee is charged for cancellation of an order, depending on the item and time of day you make your request.
How to Cancel My Walmart Order With Walmart’s Website Or Mobile App
- Log into Walmart’s mobile app or visit Walmart’s website.
- Click on the profile menu.
- Select “Account”
- Click on “Purchase History”
- Select the item you want to cancel.
- Click on “Cancel Order”
- A pop up menu will appear to approve cancellation.
- You will need to provide your order number and PIN to proceed cancellation.
After canceling your order, you will need to select the cancellation icon and check the email inbox linked to Walmart’s account to receive a confirmation text that your order has successfully been canceled.
Once your order has been canceled, it will no longer show on your account because it has been canceled.
- If the order is past the processing period, you might not be able to cancel the order.
- Walmart also stated that changes to orders can take the total order over or under the $35 threshold.
- They stated that a fee will be charged for orders under $35 and the charge will be removed if the event of the order total exceeds $35.
For you to be sure your Walmart order was canceled, you have to receive a confirmatory email from Walmart.
What Can I Do If the Cancellation Option Is Not Visible?
If the option for order cancellation is not visible, it therefore means that your order has passed the processing stage and moved to the shipping phase for its final destination.
In this scenario, there are three actions to take;
- Call the Walmart customer care representative through (877) 937-4098 and ask for help on how to cancel an order that is already in transit.
- Receive the package and return to the nearest Walmart store and ask for a refund.
- Do not pick up the package at the final destination, Walmart will return the order to the warehouse and reimburse you consequently.
Read more about walmart’s return policy item returns.
Reasons Why Customers Cancel Walmart Orders
- When there is a Decrease in price of order or when they see a Cheaper Item
Customers can cancel Walmart orders when they see the items they wish to purchase at a cheaper cost elsewhere. Or perhaps there has been a decrease in the price of the item after paying the previous higher charge rate for the product; customers may cancel orders, get a refund, and buy at a cheaper price.
- A Preferred Alternative to the Item Ordered.
Customers may cancel Walmart orders when they see a more preferred alternative to what was ordered. They can cancel their Walmart order.
- Change of Mind
A customer may have no need for the item after making an order. This happens all the time, leading to the cancellation of an order. So when a change of mind occurs, a customer may decide to cancel the order already made.
- If the Item is No Longer Useful
With a purpose in mind, customers may order items, but after ordering, they may realize that the item or items they ordered are no longer useful.
I can’t cancel my Walmart pickup order; what should I do?
If you are struggling to cancel your pickup order on Walmart’s online store but cannot, follow the following steps below;
- Log into Walmart’s website at Https://Walmart.com/pickup/cancel-order/.
- Enter your valid email address as well as the order number of the order you want to cancel.
- Click on the continue icon.
- Select the reason for canceling your order which will appear on the drop down menu.
- After filling out the reason for order cancellation, simply click on the continue icon.
- Select confirm order cancellation at the bottom of your screen.
Your order will be successfully canceled if you have followed these steps above.
What If I Want To Cancel An Order For One Item, Will It Cancel All Items I Ordered In My Cart?
The Walmart online application or website does not have the option of canceling one order out of a dozen orders you have made.
If you need to cancel out one order from the cart, then you should not opt for the cancel icon, but rather use the “edit icon”
The edit icon helps you add or subtract items from the cart; you can as well reschedule pickup location and add substitutions for an order.
Attempting to cancel one order out of the cart on Walmart’s online store may lead to the cancellation of all orders made in the cart.
Be careful not to make this error when you try to edit an order on Walmart’s online store.
Follow these steps to remove one order from cart;
- Log into your Walmart’s Account
- Select purchase history
- Click on edit items
- Locate the boxes next to each item you want to remove
- Click remove at the top of your shopping list or
- Click on the trash Can next to the the item you want to edit out
You have successfully taken things out of the cart that you don’t need. Other things on the shipping list (cart) will still be processed and shipped.
Can Walmart cancel my order?
Not all Walmart orders are canceled by customers.
Walmart can cancel orders that customers have placed if there are problems on either Walmart’s end or the customer’s end.
Walmart stated that to save the time and money of their customers, the best thing to do may be to cancel Walmart orders made by their customers in some situations.
The following situations would warrant the cancellation of an order from Walmart;
- Limited quantity purchases
An increase in the quantity of an item may not be allowed by Walmart if the user has ordered the quantity limit or due to stock availability.
Moreover, Walmart will send the customer an email with an update to the order if there is a limit on the quantity to be purchased.
Also, Walmart may set limits on how many items one person, one household, or one order can buy. The restriction may be extended to orders placed by the same Walmart account—using the same credit card, gift card, or checking account, and orders that use the same shipping or billing address.
The restriction or limit can prompt the cancellation of Walmart orders by Walmart for customers who fall into this scenario.
- When the Item is out stock
The listing of an item will display “out of stock” if the item is not available at that moment.
Unfortunately, the website does not update itself every millisecond. So the website may list the item as available while you are placing the order, but Walmart may run out of stock while your order is being processed. In this case, Walmart will notify you that your order or the item you ordered has been canceled.
Be sure to check back as Walmart restocks as soon as possible.
Read more: The Active Days and Accurate Time Walmart Restocks
- Price or listing errors
Periodically, listing errors may occur in the item listing of an item or items when the product details of the item are incorrect; it could be the price, the image, the description in terms of size, color, features, etc., or the quantity or whatever is included.
The next action is for Walmart to cancel any orders that fall into this scenario if it detects this while processing your order. An email will be sent to you to explain the reason your Walmart order was canceled.
- If Walmart Demands Additional information.
Walmart has the right to cancel orders that don’t have enough information, while the Credit and Fraud Avoidance department needs more information.
You will receive an email from Walmart stating that more information is needed to process your order and that not providing it in time may lead to the cancellation of the order.
- Unavailable carrier or shipping method.
Walmart may cancel customers’ orders when there is no carrier or shipping method available for freight or heavy items due to port congestion, industrial action by the shipping company, or bad weather. An email will be sent to you to inform you of Walmart’s decisions on your order.
Read Also: FedEx Operational Delay: Customers Complaint & Best Solution
- When a Customer Uses An old browser or app version.
Customers who use an older version of a browser like Firefox, Chrome, or any browser no longer supported, or an app version that has been tossed out for one reason or another, may experience difficulty when ordering, and Walmart may cancel the order or part of the order depending on their discretion.
You will be sent an email regarding this as well, and you will be informed of the necessary steps to take.
Note: Walmart will send the affected customers an email if it cancels Walmart orders partly or wholly made by them. Also, it may ask customers for more information if it’s needed to handle their order.
Customers do not have to worry when they make a mistake while ordering. You can easily change or cancel your Walmart order, and if there are any problems, you can easily track it using the guide in this article or call Walmart customer service for more help and details.