Walmart is a one-stop shop for all your needs. Its everyday low price makes it attract customers to itself as well.
Samsung users who use Walmart will be anxious to know if Walmart accepts Samsung Pay. It is a convenient way for customers to make an in-store payment; it is fast and easy to use.
With a phone or watch, customers that have Samsung Pay on them can easily make payments using these devices and do not have to come to the stores with their debit or credit cards.
So, does Walmart accept Samsung Pay in 2022?
In this article, we will carefully examine if Walmart accepts Samsung Pay and other alternatives that are available for payment at Walmart.
Also, you can check the answer to the question Does Walmart Take Apple Pay in 2022? And Does Walmart Take Google Pay?
Does Walmart Accept Samsung Pay in 2022?
Walmart does not accept Samsung Pay for payment of purchases in its stores.
Currently, Walmart checkout machines do not support NFC technology, but Samsung Pay uses NFC (near-field contact) and MST (magnetic secure transmission) technologies to send payments of purchases to retailers.
Samsung Pay is a mobile payment app that has many features and uses. Unlike Walmart Pay, it is not available on all mobile devices; its use is restricted to Samsung devices alone.
According to Samsung, Samsung Pay turns your mobile device into a digital wallet that carries credit, debit, or gift cards.
Samsung Pay is also equipped with two-factor authentication to prevent fraud which makes it safe for use.
However, Samsung is only compatible with select Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover cards on qualifying Samsung devices and participating banks.
Why Does Walmart Not Accept Samsung Pay?
Walmart does not accept Samsung Pay because it has an alternative to Samsung Pay. Utilizing Samsung Pay at Walmart stores will reduce Walmart revenue made from the Walmart Pay app.
Moreover, Walmart stores’ checkout machines do not support NFC technology. Which could be another reason Walmart does not accept it.
Furthermore, Samsung Pay is limited to select Samsung devices. Walmart loves all of its customers to benefit from all of its programs. But with the restriction of Samsung Pay to select devices, Walmart may not consider it an option at checkout.
How To Use Walmart Pay On Samsung Devices
The alternative Walmart has to Samsung Pay is Walmart Pay. Walmart Pay is accessible for use on almost all devices, which makes it a better option.
The Following Steps Illustrates How To Set Up Walmart Pay On Your Samsung Device
- Download the Walmart App on your Samsung device.
- Open the app.
- Create a Walmart account if you do not have one.
- Sign in to your Walmart account.
- Tap Walmart Pay.
- Enter your loaded credit cards, debit cards, or gift cards, if you have not entered them before.
- Choose the card you want to use with Walmart Pay.
- Set up a PIN to be used to check out by you.
- For extra security or quicker access, you can set up your preferred security option.
- You can change the preferred card to use with Walmart Pay anytime.
- Also, you can add and remove any payment method anytime you want.
Steps to use Walmart Pay for payment of purchases in Walmart stores
- Get all the items you need and shop as you would normally.
- Scan all items at checkout.
- Before using Walmart Pay, use all EBT balances such as WIC and SNAP.
- Open your Walmart app and tap Walmart Pay.
- Enter the preferred security option set up by you.
- Gift cards are automatically used for payment first unless the feature has been disabled.
- The preferred method of payment is displayed at the bottom of the screen. You can as well change to a different card.
- Hold your phone over the QR code that is displayed on the register to pay for your purchases.
- A chime indicates your purchase is confirmed.
- You will receive a notification on your phone when your e-receipt is ready.
- Walmart Pay can not be used at Walmart fuel pumps or Murphy USA gas stations.
- You can not use Walmart Pay to receive cash back at the checkout in Walmart stores.
Does Walmart Pay Work Like Samsung Pay?
Walmart Pay works like Samsung Pay in stores but they use different methods.
Walmart Pay utilizes scanning a QR barcode while Samsung uses NFC or MST technology.
Walmart Pay is available for use on all devices, unlike Samsung Pay.
Other Payment Option At Walmart
Walmart accepts cash as a payment option in its stores. Credit and debit cards like Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards are all allowed for payment as well.
Also, you can utilize Walmart buy now, Pay later option through Affirm to pay for big purchases.
Walmart does not accept Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay is not available for use on all devices but is limited to some Samsung devices.
Also, Samsung Pay uses both NFC and MST technology which are not supported at Walmart stores checkout.
Walmart has a similar alternative known as Walmart Pay which serves the purpose of Samsung Pay in Walmart stores.