The desire to work at an e-commerce company like Walmart requires one to know the regulations that guide those who work in the company. It is most common among high-school graduates/young ones less than 18 years of age and parents who want a short-term job or a little experience for their wards or those who do not wish to further their education to inquire about the minimum age required to get a job at Walmart and many other related companies.
So if you want to work at Walmart but do not have an idea of the starting age, or you saw an advert or a promotion of a vacancy at Walmart, and you want your ward or relations to apply, but you are hesitant about it because you do not know the minimum age that is given a job or works at Walmart. Be rest assured! All the information that you need will be provided here.
How old do you have to work at walmart??
The minimum age that is employed to work at Walmart is 16 years. Although, there are some restrictions placed on the 16-year-olds employee as they are not allowed to work in some departments or sections until they are 18 years.
So to qualify to work in all departments/sections and Sam’s club, one has to be at least 18 years old.
Also, there are several opportunities open to military, veterans, couples of military personnel, and students whether undergraduates, graduate and MBA students, or new graduates as Walmart embraces people of all races/backgrounds and experience levels.
The Application Process
Getting some jobs at Walmart and Sam’s Club neither requires a CV nor experience. This applies to hourly jobs only as some jobs and opportunities like the salaried and managerial positions require special skills or experiences to execute them.
Applying for the first time takes a little while (about 45 minutes to 1 hour on average). For hourly jobs, it takes about 35 minutes to 50 minutes to complete the whole process (15 – 20 minutes to complete the application while 20 – 30 minutes are used for the assessment). Successive applications do not take up to the time expended during the first application because the Walmart system saves some of the application information.
A confirmatory message screen appears after the successful completion of the application and screening process. In addition, both applicants that will be selected and those who will not be selected will be contacted after a while depending on the position and location of preference selected to inform them whether to come for an interview or not—selected applicants are invited for an interview. However, individuals who apply for hourly store and club positions will not be notified, but they are put into the applicants’ tracking system based on their choices to see if they may get their preferred location and interest and are in the tracking system for 60 days.
Note: After the submission of your application, you can not edit or change any data/information regarding that particular job application. You are advised to go through the data entered before you proceed to submit.
Opening an Account
The procedures to apply are listed below
- This link leads to the store job portal as shown above.
- You are prompted to choose the location of your preference to search for a job in the drop-down box.
- The picture below depicts what shows next after you click on continue.
- Click on agree to Walmart terms and conditions to proceed.
- After clicking on that, you are urged to create an account or log in if you have previously created one as shown in the image below.
- When you click on create an account, you are required to provide a valid email account with a strong password.
- The account creation is successful when you are advised to log in.
You can then search for the jobs in your location after a successful log-in.
Sections of Job Positions on Walmart with Their Salary
There are about 5 sections of jobs with a lot of departments under them at Walmart. The Stores and Clubs, Corporate, Healthcare, Technology, and Distribution, Fulfillment, & Drivers. Interested applicants are given the liberty to choose from arrays of available jobs; so applicants can apply to more than a job they are qualified for. Listed below are some of the departments with the sections they fall under that can be found at Walmart.
Stores and Clubs
There are different categories under the stores and clubs section. A few of them are:
- Sam’s Club Jobs: Opportunity comes in bulk for those who work here and up to 20,000 associates are promoted to jobs with greater commitment and a bigger salary. A few available openings under this section are customer service associate, maintenance associate, merchandise and stocking associate, fresh food associate, freight handler, etc. The salary given to those who work in this section was not provided on the official site.
Visit here for more information on Sam’s Club Jobs.
- Sam’s Club Management Jobs: Working in this department translates to a career without boundaries. There is room for growth and hard work is recognized through professional reward. A few of the jobs available in this department are a manager in training, fresh manager 1, fresh manager 2, development club manager, supply chain manager, etc. The salary for managers in training ranges from $45,000 to $75,000 and it increases upward like that. Also, there are bonuses and incentives available.
For more information on Sam’s Club Management Jobs, click here.
- Walmart Management Jobs: Walmart managers lead a team of dedicated associates while also learning and growing simultaneously. The annual average salary of Walmart managers ranges from $50,000 to $170,000. A few of the positions in this department are:
- Store managers: They are tasked with managing a store and the annual average salary ranges from $65,000 to $170,000.
- Store lead: Managers in this position are prepared for managing a store of their own. The annual average salary for this position ranges from $70,000 to $90,000.
- Coach: A coach manages and leads several departments and teams respectively. They earn an average of $55,000 to $80,000 annually.
- Specialty Area Manager: They lead the team in charge of Asset protection and Auto care centers. They earn an average of $48,000 to $70,000 annually.
- Market manager: They are put in charge of multi-million dollar stores. Their salary starts from $140,000 plus equity.
The link here leads to the Walmart Management Jobs.
- Walmart Store Jobs: A list of available store positions with their wage is included below.
- Cashier and Front end: They assist in shaping the experience customers have when they visit. The hourly wage ranges from $12 to $17
- Food & Grocery: These people ensure that high-quality food is stocked and is always ready for purchase. The wage paid per hour ranges from $12 to $22.
- General Merchandising: The role of these people is to assist customers to get what they want. They receive $12 to $17 wage per hour.
- Online Orderfilling and Delivery: They position quality products in the best manner for online customers. They earn $13 to $20 wage hourly.
- Stocking and Unloading: As the name implies, they stock the shelves for customers and their hourly wage range is between $13 to $21.
- Auto Care Center: They ensure the safety and maintenance of customer cars. $12.50 to $21 is the hourly wage range.
- Fuel station: Fuel and refuel customers. The wage range per hour is $12 to $18.81.
- Health and Wellness: They attend to customers’ needs in the pharmacy and they earn a wage between $11.50 to $36.13 per hour.
- Hourly Supervisor and Training: These people are in charge of supervising other positions and ensuring that the roles assigned to everyone are done diligently. They receive a wage that ranges between $16 to $30.
More information is available here.
Under the corporate section, there are lots of departments. A few of them are named below
- Accounting and Finance: Those working in this department are in charge of evaluating operations in emerging markets, suggesting strategies to analyze new products, and also downplaying risks. Featured roles in this department include accounting, shared services, audit, finance strategy, investor relations, etc.
Check this to know more about the Accounting and Finance department.
- Human Resources: This department guarantees the creation of an enhancing environment to maximize the talents of other departments. Associate experience, benefits, talent development, people analytics, and recruiting are a few of the roles featured in the human resources department.
- Supply Chain and Logistics: They assure that products reach customers by moving goods to all Walmart stores. A few of the featured roles in this department are project management, industrial engineering, data scientists, replenishment, planning, etc.
This leads to the Supply Chain and Logistics page.
Other departments under the corporate sections are Administrative and Support Services, Asset Protection, Aviation and Travel, Business Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Communications, Customer Service and Call Center, and many more.
The department under this section are:
- Pharmacy Manager
- Nurse Practitioner
- Pharmacy Intern
For more knowledge on the healthcare section, click here.
The following department fall under the technology section
- Data Science and Analytics
- Information Technology
- Project and Program Management Technology
- Software Development and Engineering
- UX Design
- Drivers, Fulfillment, and Distribution
Under this section falls the following department.
- Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Drivers and Transportation
- Fleet Maintenance.
Walmart is a big community that accepts people of all backgrounds, but the minimum age that is allowed to work there is 16 years.